The R4 Wood team, one of the first people to ever hack the Nintendo 3DS, allies themselves with the manufacturers of the R4 Gold series of R4 3DS cards.
Just recently, they have released a new card in the form of the R4 Gold Upgrade R4 3DS Card. What’s new about the card? We are going to find out in this article.
Before I talk more about the R4 Gold Upgrade R4 3DS Card, here are its features:
- A whole new processor
- Supports Action Replay cheat
- DLDI auto-patching
- Support SDHC (Micro SD 4G,8G,16G,32G)
- 2nd generation storage device (no booting tool required)
- Flush fitting slot 1 card
- Uses MicroSD card, FAT16 or 32
- Supports any MicroSD card speed with no lag in game
- Supports Clean ROM, drag and drop. Works on any OS
- Built in NoPass
- Automatically detect save type
- Save directly to MicroSD card, not to onboard chip
- Supports Moonshell and other homebrew applications.
- User-friendly interface.
- Supports rumble pak and memory pak
- Supports the WiFi game, DS Rumble Pak, DS Browser
- Supports changes of the background of Operation Interface
- Support Skin DIY by setting background and font colors on Main Menu and Game Menu manually and automatically
- Supports 4-scale-lightness adjustment (DS Lite only)
- Supports the Soft Reset.
- Moonshell 2.10 support Software Reset function (Press START key back to the R4 menu)
The R4 Gold Upgrade R4 3DS Card, like the other R4 Gold R4 3DS cards that were released this year, has a new dual-core processor that aims to deliver twice the performance of the previous generation R4 3DS cards.
I remember before where I had the 2014 edition of the R4 Gold cards that, although has a lot of features, were a little bit slow for my tastes.
The R4 Gold Upgrade R4 3DS Card, however, does not disappoint. It beats the previous generation R4 3DS cards by a wide margin because of its speed and performance.
For one, you can tweak and customize the interface to your liking. The default interface is already very appealing to me but should you want to make the interface your own, you pretty much have the liberty to do so.
I also love the fact that the R4 Gold Upgrade R4 3DS Card has homebrew applications support with DLDI auto-patching. Furthermore, the card can also support the popular homebrew applications, Moonshell and Action Replay Cheat.
If you buy the R4 Gold Upgrade R4 3DS Card, you are always assured that the card ships with the latest firmware. This is to ensure that the card will be working right out of the box when it arrives on your doorstep.
Moreover, the card is constantly updated because the R4 Wood team will be releasing a new kernel update should the card ever need it to work.
If you want a solid R4 3DS card with amazing aftersales support, then definitely get the R4 Gold Upgrade R4 3DS Card.